Saturday, August 15, 2009

Technology - too fast too furious

“Knowledge is power.”
Francis Bacon, Sr. quotes (English Lawyer and Philosopher. 1561-1626)




Technology is evolving at an amazing speed. Easy and instant assess to resources and information at the comfort of our desks and armchairs is now available through Internet. It has now become so convenient to buy groceries, books, clothes just with the click of the mouse. Globalisation has taken place, it has brought the whole world closer together. Is it a good phenomenon to you?

Sometimes, I find it scary. The speed of technology is somewhat growing too fast too furious. I can't keep up with it all. I still have unused diskettes, CDs, DVDs that were purchased to burn my files in, but now they are replaced by much cheaper higher capacity hard disks. Then, there used to be Friendster, which I have abandoned - Reason - I've moved on to Facebook which I have been religiously logging in every day (perhaps this trend shall continue until the next up-and-coming social networking site comes along). That is the place where I get to know how often my friend cleans her apartment and how much fun she had when she went on bungy jump in Macau all through her regular Facebook updates. We can be so easily connected now.

And there is the handphone technology --- iPhone?? 3G ??--- huh?? ..plus S now?..omg

How do you keep up with them all? (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment