Saturday, September 5, 2009

E-Learning Week 5


This week is our E-learning week where we get the chance to apply self directed learning and collaborative learning through the use of online discussion forum.

So.. what are my reviews on this learning process?

My task given was to participate in on Scenario 1 Activity B where we were to come out with pre-emptive and intervention strategies to help solve classroom management issues during a face-to-face ICT lesson. My own objectives were to find out about the strategies on my own as well as gather inputs from my group mates. I see it as a practical exercise as I would probably get to apply them in the future when teaching EBS in schools.

My first thought after completing the task was that I had actually spent alot more time doing e-learning task than compared to the regular 2 hour classroom lesson for allocated for each module in school! Time was spent doing self study of the topics, analyzing the case scenarios, thinking of strategies and doing discussions online.


I must say that E-learning provided greater flexibility to do the learning at own pace in the sense that I was able to control when and where I want to do the learning. So often, I was prone to doing the assignments during the wee hours of the late night, which sadly resulted in my dark eye circles. For the sake of beauty, I need to change this. :)


Next, I find that I had enjoyed the collaborative learning process where group mates post their views for discussions. From there, I was able to know more solutions to the problem and hear opinions from others which could widen my perspective of things. In fact, I think it's fine to have differing views on an idea. It makes the discussions more interesting. :)

With the online discussions, I was drawn to going into our forum daily to check on any new updates on my thread.

Is this an indicator of self-directed learning too? (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment